Sunday, July 22, 2007

My first website


The snapshot above is my first website design for the assignment of Web Programming course.

It is a website of an imaginary online job agency which offers a variety of utilities for both company employers who look for capable employees and job seekers who seek for jobs.

Because this is an informational website means that it provides people with mainly information other than entertainment or for commercial purpose, I try to achieve a simple design to avoid unexpected effects on web viewer.

I chose red as a main color for my web design. It is used for the main banner on the top of the page and other small banners. The red is quite statuated, not so dark or light and plays as a main contrast for the whole page. For the rest of page, I used dark blue for most of the main label and black for universial text.

I divided my whole page into 3 parts. The first part is the navigation area to the left of the page; the second is the main content stands in the center of the pages; the other is for extra purposes like advertising which will be added later. This simple layout keeps united for the other sub-pages.

This website is not uploaded on web yet because I have to deal with lots of codings. However, the main design would remain with little changes till the day it is uploaded on the web (at the end of this semester) ^^

No comments: